Doing the plank every day is a simple and effective way to quickly strengthen your abs, arms and legs. It looks easy, right? All you need to do is hold this position. If you’re doing it correctly it will engage the core muscles in your body boosting your body’s inner strength.
Here’s how to do a perfect plank:
1. Begin in the plank position with your forearms and toes on the floor. Your abdominal muscles should be engaged.
2. Keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to toes. Don’t allow your body to sag or bend.
3. Your head is relaxed and you should be looking at the floor.
4. Remember to breath. Take slow inhalations and exhale steadily.
5. Hold the position for 10 seconds to start. Overtime work up to 30, 45 or 60 seconds.
This isometric core strength exercise is a great addition to any fitness program. By practicing this position a few times a day, you will be well on your way to a healthier you. Combine it with healthy eating and you will see even bigger and better results.